Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Paul Dake, Actor Extraordinaire

For our next entry, we turn to Montgomery Theater actor extrodinaire Paul Dake. Last seen in Bus Stop, Paul also works on our Marketing Committee and is generally just a presence to reckon with!
Enjoy!


For the past 10 years I have fondly referred to Montgomery Theater as my home away from home. Every time I walk through that stage door I feel comfortable, happy, excited and welcome. I get a sense of belonging when I see Tom Quinn and he smiles and says, “Hey Paulie!” You see, I view it as an honor and privilege to be part of the MT family. Over the years I have learned so much about acting for the stage, what it means to be an actor, what it means to tell the story, what true artistic collaboration is and how that experience, time and time again, is one of the most gratifying experiences of my life. Many times I have also said that I would be content to only ever work at Montgomery Theater. While still enjoyable, other theater experiences I have had simply cannot compare. At MT, artists, technical experts and staff are all viewed as equal partners in the creative process. Everyone’s individual input is valued and welcomed. The audiences continually express their satisfaction by returning again and again to experience the stories being told during what we sometimes refer to as “Magic Time.” When it all comes together – the story, the actors, the audience – it truly is magic. For there is nothing quite like a live theater performance. The actors live on the edge! No two performances are the same! No two audiences are the same! It’s a fantastic, mesmerizing, wholly gratifying event each and every time! You see, I am a 100% fully biased advocate of Montgomery Theater because my involvement there has truly changed my life.

--Paul Dake

No comments:

Post a Comment