Tuesday, April 19, 2011

From the Cast of Hail Mary!. . .


Hi everybody out there in the Blog-o-sphere. I’m Bob McDonald, currently playing Joe in Hail Mary! The theatre asked us if anybody wanted to blog, and since I have a tiny experience with it I thought I would give it a shot. Now, What should I talk about?
First off let me say how awesome it is to be back here at Montgomery Theater. I was here once before in the musical, I Love My Wife. That experience was completely different from this one. Mostly because it was a musical and this one is not. Most of the work I have done has been in the musical arena. I was really happy when I was cast in this play. Yes! I get to work at a theater I love and expand my craft doing something out-of-the-box for me! Awesome!
Speaking of “out-of-the-box,” this has been the show for that. In the show my character is in the process of learning something new. I don’t want to give anything away, but I had to try that same thing myself, which is why I love this career so much. It constantly challenges me to step out of my comfort zone, and then I see that anything is possible.
If you have seen the show and know what Joe “performs” at the end of the play, then know that I accomplished that feat with only 1-2 weeks of rehearsal. Trying new things is very scary, but as an actor you are sometimes required to do things you’ve never tried before. Now, I have a new skill (I think) and it just goes to show that anything is possible. I will never stop learning. Theatre challenges me in such wonderful ways! I love my job!!
All right I think I have said enough. I hope you come and see the amazingly talented cast I get to share the stage with, and the magic that happens here at Montgomery Theater.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the show immensely and the cast is certainly terrific in portraying their characters...Lots of laughs and lots to think about later!

    ReplyDelete